PROJECT WAYFINDER at THE DREAM CENTER
Our vision is that all people have access to tools to create lives of meaning and purpose
Project Wayfinder is a social movement and practical philosophy for young people to create lives of meaning and purpose. Project Wayfinder is reimagining an adolescent education that supports students to build lives of purpose. This summer, The Dream Center is hosting a Wayfinder Week, a free, fun and interactive program that helps teens make meaning of their lived experiences. Wayfinder Week is a partnership program between Project Wayfinder and The Dream Center.
Students who have purpose in their lives are happier, healthier, more engaged and less stressed out than their peers without a sense of purpose. Purpose among teens has been shown to:
- support identity formation
- increase positive attitudes towards diversity
- reduce antisocial behavior and bullying
- decrease engagement in risky behaviors
- increase academic engagement and achievement
Wayfinder Week @ TDC
Students are guided along a journey to understand what is meaningful to them while participating in a mixture of group activities, mindfulness exercises and personal reflection.
- July 15-19, 2019
- 9am – 2:30pm
- 7th – 12th grade students are eligible
- Summer program limited to 15 students
- Food is provided
- Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis
Our Summer Wayfinder Week @ TDC program has concluded for SUMMER 2019. Check back in SPRING 2020 for registration for the next session.
▉ ▉ ▉
Learn more at ProjectWayfinder.com